Solution Provider’s 100% Remote Workforce Sets It Apart from the Field
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been awarded the silver Best Place to Work prize by the Best in Biz Awards 2018. The results were announced November 28th, and we’re proud to be among the most recognizable global brands and innovative startups in the United States and Canada.
This year brought some tough competition, as the 8th annual Best in Biz Awards program garnered close to 700 entries from an impressive array of public and private companies of all sizes. To determine the winners, the competition was independently judged by prominent editors and reporters from respected media outlets in North America, including Forbes, New York Post, MediaPost, The New York Times and Wired.
The award was judged based on our essay submission, which included a brief description of our achievements this year, notable press mentions and a short biography. I believe what set us apart was the description of our people-focused culture. While we emphasize doing the right thing for our customers, we also hold this value for our staff. That is why we strive, every day, to create an encouraging, collaborative and accountable environment where professionals can run with innovative ideas and thrive.
When asked what the best part about working at Select was, our accounting office manager, Erin Fortunato, had this to say:
“The leadership is really strong. You have full support to pursue ideas, regardless of whether they are successful. Our culture is so team oriented that we celebrate wins together and lift each other up when we face challenges. There’s no competition. We’re all working toward a unified goal.”
This past year, we formally launched our four core values: People, Listen, Solve and Deliver. They’re not just lip service; we instituted several initiatives that turn these values into everyday practices, including…
- A peer-based mentor program that assigns every new employee a point person for both role- and life-related issues — even before they’re onboarded as employees.
- A 100% remote workforce — What type of collaboration partner would we be if we didn’t practice what we preach? Our company leverages the tools we sell to empower a staff based all over the U.S.
- Growth in our customer service team, which now ensures our clients are supported by at least three customer solution reps for each sales rep.
- Staff-operated charity programs, where we make a financial contribution wherever and whenever members of our team decide to volunteer their time.
- Company-sponsored continued education — Our people are our business, so why not invest in their development?
- Mandatory time off, a policy that is strictly enforced by our CEO. Those who go a whole month without taking time for themselves get a call from him insisting they do so.
Perhaps our greatest accomplishment is that the people-first mentality is paying off — and our employee retention rate reflects this. In nine years, we’ve only had one employee quit the company! Select Communications truly is the best place to work.
About Select Communications
With over 15 years of experience providing voice and communications services, the team at Select Communications is dedicated to providing affordable, flexible cloud and unified communications solutions to organizations. Offering a low-price guarantee to its customers and products from companies like Ring Central, Cisco, 8×8, Microsoft and Century Link, Select’s team of seasoned sales executives focuses on providing technology that is best suited to each business’s individual needs.